UACES will pay up to 50% of your travel expenses for travel to/from a qualifying event. The following conditions apply:
- Claims can only be made for 'qualifying events' which will be listed on the Calendar of Events;
they will be identified by the following travel icon
- You have not, or will not, receive any other financial support for travel for the same event;
- UACES reserves the right at all times to refuse any travel claim;
- You must, wherever possible, use the most cost-effective means of transport available;
- Travel claims must be submitted within three weeks after completion of the event;
- The expenses claim form must be completed in full.
- You must be a current Student, PhD Researcher or Early-Career Member of UACES (please note that membership of the Graduate Forum is not the same as membership of UACES);
- Payment is conditional upon attendance (as such, claims cannot be processed before the event);
- Accommodation and/or subsistence expenses are not eligible as travel expenses in this scheme.
Amounts and limits
- UACES will pay up to 50% of your travel expenses for travel to/from a qualifying event;
- The maximum amount to be reimbursed for travel within the same country is 75 GBP;
- The maximum will be increased to 100 GBP for those travelling to another country;
- The minimum amount claimed must be greater than 5 GBP;
- For necessary travel by car, UACES will pay a mileage rate (limited to 100 miles).
- Payments will be by bank transfer (if resident in the UK or a country that uses IBAN) or PayPal (if not resident in the UK or a country that uses IBAN);
- We will do our own currency conversions to pounds sterling;
- Copies of receipts must be attached to your claim form.
- Receipts will be kept by UACES.
The conditions above are effective from 1/1/2023; please return to this page for future updates and for the most recent version of the claim form.
Apply for Funding
UACES has a longstanding commitment towards assisting and providing opportunities for early-career researchers. The UACES travel scheme was established to provide some financial assistance for students, PhD and Early-Career researchers attending UACES events who would not otherwise receive ANY funding towards their travel expenses.
The Travel Scheme is open to Student, PhD and Early-Career Members of UACES.